Honor Our Fallen Heroes, Support Military Families and Serve Our Veterans. We are accomplish these goals by providing outreach, education and awareness to veterans and their families whose lives have been impacted by military trauma. Our focus is on local change in order to make a national impact.
Our vision is to Honor Our Fallen Heroes, Support Military Families and Serve Our Veterans by:
- Outreach: Linking local veterans and their families with resources to address post-military problems and provide them with support, including employment, fitness and motivational opportunities to help them successfully reintegrate into their local communities and assist them in the rehabilitation process.
- Education: Sharing information in the schools, libraries, local groups, businesses and the general community about the sacrifices made by and the needs of the veterans and their families.
- Awareness: Increasing awareness of our programs and services, including cycling and fitness events in order to support our mission.
Overall Objectives/Action Items for 2018
- To distribute bicycles to veterans who are willing to earn them with “give back” hours through bike repair or other volunteer work. This not only provides them with often-needed transportation but also promotes our goals of health, accountability, motivation and involvement in the greater community.
- Engage veterans and their families in physical activity, participating in local races and fitness events, to assist in decreasing symptoms of PTSD, depression, anazity, and drug and alcohol abuse. Assist them in creating a heather support network.
- To expand the Wheels4Change peer mentorship program, in great part through working with the local Veteran’s courts, with which we already have a long-established relationships. This includes training of Veteran’s Court graduates and qualified veterans to become certified peer mentors.
- To raise awareness of the myriad challenges facing U.S. veterans, including the risk of suicide and drug abuse, by holding two fitness events to educate, outreach and fundraising annually, as well as making presentations to community groups and schools.